Company Name: SCI Royal Estate
Brand Name: Résidence L’écrin
B.P. 7264 Yaoundé,
Republic of Cameroon
Mimboman Petit Marché, Dernier Poteau
Low Season: January 16 – July 31; September 1 to November 14
High Season: August 1 – 31, November 15 – January 15
Our pricing policy is set based on seasons – low and high as defined above. For a particular season, the rental prices are fixed, but we can provide discounts based on the length of stay.
We recommend that reservations are made at least 48 hours before your stay to guarantee apartment availability.
- A credit card may be required for online bookings and reservations
- 30% of the total length of stay is required to guarantee the reservation, with the balance plus a refundable caution fee required before access is
granted into the apartment.
Regular Reservations (Non–Online)
- A reservation can be made without payment. But this reservation is not guaranteed and we reserve the right to rent the apartment/room if there is a paying customer.
- A refundable caution fee of 1 night’s stay is required to hold an apartment/room reservation of 7 days or less. Upon arrival of the guest, the full apartment/room rental payment is required before the customer is granted access.
- For reservations greater than 7 days, 30% of the total apartment/room rental plus a refundable caution fee of 1 night’s rental is required to hold the reservation. SCI Royal Estate/ Résidence L’écrin reserves the right to deviate from this policy.
- Résidence L’écrin’s core mission is to provide rental and leasing services and as such, any other activities like photo and video shoots have to be
approved by management.
- Our apartments are available for hourly rental for the basis of photo and video shoots only between 6:00AM and 12:00 PM.
- In the event the apartment is needed for longer periods of time, full–day rentals will be required.
- We request credits for the use of our premises in all commercial/publicity/media ventures.
- We provide basic Cable TV access.
- The customer can choose to upgrade to an expanded package by paying an additional fee as defined by Résidence L’écrin staff.
- Cable TV is provided only to 1 television set per apartment /room.
- The customer can choose to include TV in additional bedrooms by paying an additional fee as by Résidence L’écrin staff.
- Internet access is not yet provided in any of our apartments.
- This policy will be modified when Internet service is available in the building.
- During the low season, reservations cancelled less than 48 hours from the date of stay are not subject to a refund, but these reservations can be
deferred to another period.
- During the high season, ALL reservations cancelled are not subject to a refund. We will issue refunds only if we are able to rent the apartment or we can defer the stay to another period.
- In the event of cancellations due to COVID restrictions, like lock–downs and cancelled flights for example, the reservation will be guaranteed for one year if the customer so desires. Any refund requests will be evaluated on a case–by–case basis after official proof of said cancellation, and we retain the right to withhold the caution/guaranty deposit.
- SCI Royal Estate and Résidence L’écrin management reserves the discretion to deviate from this cancellation policy on a case–by–case basis.
- We offer free changes to reservations if made at least 48 hours before the check–in, and if changing to a reservation for the same number of days in
- Résidence L’écrin is a commercial brand of SCI Royal Estate, which is the legal entity that manages the building and facilities.
- All guests are required to fill–out an intake form and provide copies of their National ID cards or Passports, and at least 1 contact phone number.
• We will not rent to any customers not willing to provide a contact phone number.
- In case of a booking by credit card, the name of card must match the identification card provided.
- We accept multiple forms of payment including cash, credit and debit cards, and mobile money (MTN Momo and Orange Money). All withdrawal and surcharge fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- A mandatory deposit of one night’s stay is collected as a caution fee and refunded upon check–out, providing there are no damages or loss of
property. In the event of damage, the replacement cost of the damaged item will be deducted from this deposit. This guarantee deposit (or caution fee) can be used at 100% by Résidence L’écrin and SCI Royal Estate if the customer does not respect the rules, and in the case of damages caused in the apartments or common areas.
- At check in, the front desk will verify your check–out date. Rates quoted are based on check–in date and length of stay:
• Check–in Time: 3PM
• Check–out Time: 12PM
- Before checking–in, the customer and a representative of SCI Royal Estate/ Résidence L’écrin will review an inventory list documenting all the contents of the apartment. The customer is required to sign acknowledging this inventory and taking responsibility if damages occur.
- At least one hour before check–out, our representative will review the inventory list of the apartment to ascertain that there are no missing or
damaged items. Once this is validated, the customer’s caution/guarantee deposit will be refunded. In the event that adequate time has not been
accorded to inspect the room/apartment; we will retain this deposit and refund to the customer at a later date once this validation has taken place.
- After check–out and upon refund of the caution/guarantee deposit, the customer is not allowed into the room/apartment except under a new rental agreement.
- It is formally forbidden to organize commercial meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, evenings, and other events, including of a professional nature, and to invite outsiders, not accounted for when booking and/or registering for a stay without prior consent by SCI Royal Estate/ Résidence L’écrin management. The client and other occupants will have to take care to respect the tranquility of the premises and the other occupants within the residence.
- Maximum room/apartment occupancy numbers are strictly enforced. A fee will be levied for additional guests up to the maximum number of guests allowed for the apartment. The maximum number of guests per room/apartment as well as the additional occupancy fee will be communicated to the customer during the reservation process. We reserve the right to cancel the clients stay with no refund if we discover more than the allowed number of guests in each apartment.
- Pets/Smoking – No pets or service animals are allowed within our premises. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in the building. In the event we notice smoking in the apartment; we will terminate the customer’s lodging privileges immediately and retain 100% of the caution/guarantee deposit for cleaning.
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify bookings where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the booking contains or resulted from a mistake or error.
- Totals prices (in XAF or Central African Franc) quoted are inclusive of current taxes and cleaning. Additional fees/charges incurred during your stay are not included and the customer will be notified in the event of this.
- Cleaning Services – We guarantee apartment/room cleaning once every 3 days or if the need arises.
We collect private data from our customers as part of the check–in process, and in certain circumstances by video surveillance cameras. We assure our
customers that any information collected will be kept private and safe to the best of our ability, and we promise not to sell customer data to third parties.
Social Media Links